Friday, October 30, 2015

Feature Friday: Dating Chaps On Apps

Say cheese!

Since I was ranting in my previous post about profile pictures I figured I owed it to you to elaborate.  For those of you who have already dabbled in the online dating scene, you know exactly what I’m talking about.  For those of you online dating virgins, you are in for a treat!
The “illusionist” !  Sometimes their profile picture looks kinda cute and you’re thinking….alright…here is some potential.  Then you scroll through the rest of the pictures and it’s bad news! Always make sure you scroll through all pictures ladies!  A lot of guys will also take the brilliant approach to post photo after photo without a face shot, very distant or blurry.  For example: a ski shot, a wakeboard shot, a rock climbing shot, an underwater scuba shot, random web images, etc…can you visualize it?  I’m sorry but if you don’t have a close up face shot what’s the point?  Let’s be frank,  I want to see what you look like…am I going to want to kiss you?  It may sound shallow, but I call it how I see it…initially it’s a physical attraction from the photo…then you read on to see if you connect on a level other than physical.
The “Where’s Waldo”!  This is a very common profile problem.   You really have no idea which guy is the eligible bachelor because all of his pictures are group pictures with about 10 other guys(usually doing keg stands, dirt biking, mud wrestling, etc…).  And I hate to say it, but all to often it’s the unattractive man taking this approach which is silly.  I get all excited because there are hot guys in the photo, only to find out it’s the one homely guy in the photo…ugh!  I kinda want to say, “yeah you look nice guy but …are your hot friends single?”

READ THE REST OF THIS POST HERE 



About

Hey Girlfriends,
This blog is solely about the dating world after divorce.  No advice here ladies!  I will share my experiences of being thrown back into the dating world 2015.  My hope is to make you belly laugh out loud, occasionally bring a tear to your eye and show you there is hope, humor and fun to be had for all us single girls out there.
I found myself single after being married a very, very long time and frankly, anticipating a dating scene that I quickly discovered no longer existed.  The harsh realization that my memories of being 20 something, carefree and hooking up with guys at bars, parties or at work were long gone.  I was thrown into 21st century style dating.  Meeting men online? Whaat?  I had no idea what to do. I was overwhelmed and kinda scared. After I mulled over the idea of window shopping for a boyfriend online all I all wanted to do was jump in bed, pull the covers over my head, cry and then hang with my rabbit-HA!
Not only had I lost my “A” game (did I ever really have one?), I was starting over.  Back when I was dating I didn’t have a cell phone so texting, checking your matches on Match, swiping to the right on Tinder, answering compatibility questions on E-Harmony – these instant, virtual means of connecting and meeting people were foreign and felt lame.  This old bittie felt out dated!
jenn_sig


YOU CAN CHECK OUT HER BLOG HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment