Friday, October 9, 2015

Feature Friday: Cherished Magazine



As I began to try to decide what I was going to share with you guys over at The Unperfect Family I found myself in tailspin. Maybe this, no that, could this idea be better. I sort of had give myself a shake to pull me out of the tail spin of worry. I realized I was worried about "not getting it right".

Now...if you think about it...it is sort of ironic. I'm writing for a blog called "The Unperfect Family" but yet I am worried about well...being perfect, getting it right. It's not the first time.
There have been many times in my past that I have done nothing instead of trying something because I might fail.

 How about you? Afraid to fail? Ever worry about not getting it right? Has fear crept in to the point you can't move forward?

 Here is what I do to get through when I find myself in these situations. I grab my journal and try to figure out what is really stopping me or to see the situation from a new angle.

 Grab your journal and answer these questions:

 1.What are you really afraid of?
 For example, the first time I was on a microphone in front of people I was ready to run from the room. After some thought and journaling, I discovered I was really afraid of forgetting what I wanted to say.

 2.Is there something I can do to help lesson the fear?
 For example,when I speak, I use visual aids and notes to keep me on track.It helps me to have it and lesson the underlining fear of being in front of people.

 3.Ask yourself,"Do I really feel that I am suppose to do this and why?"
 If you answer "yes", then write this down in your journal. I am meant to do _____________, so I'm going to do __________ afraid.

 I hope that helps you. I decided to do a quick journal sheet that you can print out and work through the next time you find yourself in the paralyzing thought process of "I can't do this. I don't know if I can get it right".

 Just hop on over the Cherished Magazine's Cherished Everyday Fall Tour Extravaganza and get your printable.
 You are chosen, cherished and loved!
 PS - I just also wanted to let you know there is special pricing for Cherished Magazine during the Cherished Everyday Fall Tour Extravaganza. Get your journal sheet and information on the pricing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment